The Maldives has had a steady economic growth rate averaging 7% per year over the past 20 years. Through the unwavering commitment to economic development bythe government and its consistently thriving tourism industry, the country has the highest GDP per capita in South Asia.
The Maldives is an attractive investment destination:
- With an internationally reputed tourism industry and rich marine biodiversity due to its unrivalled natural beauty and unique island environment
- At a Strategic geographical location at the heart of the Indian Ocean, at the historical crossroads between East and West
- With an extensive air transport network with 4 international airports, 5 domestic airports, and ready accessibility to all islands via the world’s largest sea-plane operation, and a developing marine transport system.
- With advanced telecommunication and ICT coverage, with well connected broadband coverage via two submarine fiber optic cables across all inhabited islands
- Committed to environmental preservation and green methods of development
- With a dynamic, educated and youthful workforce, a ready catapult for economic development
- Supported by bureaucracy-free regulatory and legal frameworks, one of the most streamlined in the region.
- Having a clear and transparent policy focus with lawmakers backing the government.